Back to Media Centre
Changes to the SHPS Scheme's Governance arrangements
From 1 December 2017, the Social Housing Pension Scheme (SHPS) will operate with a new governance structure. The SHPS Pensions Committee will disband and be replaced by two new Committees:
• the Employer Committee, which will represent the SHPS Employers; and
• the Scheme Committee, which will exercise powers delegated by the Trustee.
The Employer Committee members are:
• David Blower Stonewater
• Simon Charlick National Housing Federation
• Ruth Cooke Midland Heart
• Robert Griffiths Longhurst Group
• Emmy Labovitch Phoenix Futures
• Anne Turner Network Housing
• Bob Wilkey Plymouth Community Homes
The Scheme Committee members are:
• Colin Small (Chair) formerly Festival Housing - until 31 March 2018
• Simon Beswick formerly Midland Heart
• Stephen Duckworth formerly National Housing Federation
• Vincent McCabe formerly National Housing Federation
• John Payne formerly Extra Care Charitable Trust
The appointment of an independent Chair of the Scheme Committee who will take over from Colin Small in April 2018 is expected to be announced soon.
TPT looks forward to working closely with both Committees and their representatives.
On behalf of members, employers and officers, TPT thanks all SHPS Committee members, past and present, for their commitment, contribution and voluntary service to SHPS. To those Pensions Committee members who retired on 30 November 2017, we wish you all the very best for the future.