TPT Retirement Solutions
, one of the leading workplace pension schemes in the UK, today unveils its new Trustee Board. The new Trustee Board includes three new Directors, Andrew Newberry, Thomas Hague and Paul Oldroyd.
Andrew Newberry joins as a Member Nominated Director. He originally trained as a Chartered Accountant with a major international practice and latterly he was Finance Director at Radian Group, and its forerunner The Swaythling Housing Society for over 20 years, before retiring in April 2017. His responsibilities included all aspects of finance and IT, as well as pensions. He is currently a member of the Housing SORP working party, (the SORP is guidance for preparation of Statutory Accounts for Registered Providers).
Thomas Hague joins as a Member Nominated Director and is currently employed by Procure Plus Holdings, a consortia that serves the social housing market in delivering cost and social benefits to client associations, where he leads the Supply Chain Strategy Development. Thomas brings a deep understanding of both DB and DC pensions having been a Member Nominated Director for the £1.5bn Pilkington Superannuation Scheme in the past.
Paul Oldroyd joins as an Employer Nominated Director, nominated by Guinness Partnership, one of the largest affordable housing and care providers in the UK, where he was the Director of Governance and Legal Services and Group Secretary until his retirement in April 2017. Paul is currently a Trustee of Tandem Group Pension Plan and a Non-Executive Member of the Audit and Risk Committee of North Devon Homes Limited.
Three Directors are also stepping down from the Board: Colin Small, Richard Stroud and Maggie Roger.
Commenting on the new Board, Sarah Smart, Chair of the Trustee Board at TPT, said:
The Management Board members are:
“I am delighted that we have been able to attract such high calibre people to join our Board. Andrew, Thomas and Paul each bring unique insight and experience of the pensions sector and I know that their knowledge and skills will be greatly valued.
“I would also like to thank Colin, Richard and Maggie for their service to the Board and wish them well for their future endeavours.”
TPT has an innovative two tier board comprising of a Supervisory Trustee Board, which oversees a Management Board who are responsible for the day to day running of the organisation.
The Trustee Board members are:
- Sarah Smart, Chair of the Trustee Board
- David Robertson, Co-opted Director and Chair of the Management Board
- Mike Ramsey, Chief Executive
- Elizabeth Garner, Employer Nominated Director
- Jonathan Wheeler, Employer Nominated Director
- Paul Oldroyd, Employer Nominated Director
- Frank Shore, Member Nominated Director
- Andrew Newberry, Member Nominated Director
- Thomas Hague, Member Nominated Director
- David Robertson, Chair, Investment Committee
- Mike Balfour, Chair, Investment Committee
- Richard Coates, Chair, Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee
- Wendy Mayall, Chair, Funding Committee
- Mike Ramsey, Chief Executive