Application Developer (Pensions Calculations)
| Posted 27th September 2019
Closing date: 14 Oct 2019
Reports to: IT Design and Delivery Manager
Based at our Leeds office
Purpose of the jobs:
To design, develop, maintain and support pension calculations in line with business requirements. Responsible for ensuring the day-to-day functionality of pensions calculations and for their on-going development including:
- Calculation design
- programming (PS Pensions Framework, VB.net)
- unit testing deployment
- SQL development
- Pension Calculation regression testing
Areas of Responsibility:
- Design, develop, maintain and support the company’s Pensions Administration System from business requirements definition through to deployment, adhering to current methodologies, standards and policies and in accordance with the company’s Software Development Lifecycle and Change Frameworks.
- Design and implement changes to new and existing calculations with the Pensions Administration system
- Undertake analysis and debugging of calculations issues
- Undertake regression testing and maintain a relevant testing population, providing comprehensive feedback to enable bug fixes to take place.
- Act as a contact point for calculation queries and issues
- Act as the technical lead for the configuration of calculations to support new schemes and scheme changes
- Support and perform calculation regression testing
- Provision of test systems/data for system and user testing and where required support user acceptance testing
- Where required act as an escalation point for technical support issues, supporting IT Service and Support in the diagnosis and resolution of issues.
- Prepare and maintain documentation/procedure manuals to effect deployment and continuing operation/maintenance of the Pensions Administration System
- Technical liaison with third party technical staff on joint development.
- Ensure adherence to defined standards, quality plans and quality management systems.
- Will be required to undertake SQL training in order to develop the skills required of a developer and subsequently undertake SQL development to meet business requirements.
- Installing, tuning, upgrading and maintaining both internally and externally supplied/developed software including the enhancement, integration and support of third party business applications.
- To perform all duties in line with TPT’s Information Security policy.
- To comply with the Data Protection Policy when dealing with personal data in the course of employment including personal data relating to any employee, customer, client, supplier or agent of the Company.
- To act as an ambassador of TPT at all times.
- To develop and take ownership of the Trust’s vision, Business Plan and values, and to be totally committed to these.
- Initiate, develop and maintain effective relationships and engagement with owners and stakeholders.
- Manages and performs specified data analyses and studies as requested, and develops and presents reports in support of various initiatives.
- Be a source of technical systems and business knowledge, providing customers with solutions, advice, instruction and training.