BI and Data Lead
Leeds | Posted 13th May 2019
Closing date: 31 May 2019
This role is based in our Leeds office.
Reports to: Head of IT
Purpose of the jobs: To take full accountability for the MI/BI, Data and reporting capability across people, processes and technology. Accountable for the delivery of data services and decision support across the business, ensuring data artefacts are robust, consistent and available and governed by appropriate assurance frameworks.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversight and accountability of a comprehensive suite of management reports, providing our business with robust, accurate reports both ad-hoc and to an agreed cycle, and change management of such reports to ensure focussed business analytics.
- Own and drive improvement across the architectural stack of Management Information and Business Intelligence vendor technologies and operational procedures.
- Design, build and manage the Microsoft based TPT data warehouse and reporting platforms utilising SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, QlikView and Data warehousing.
- Act as the business partner to stakeholders across the business, supporting and coaching them in understanding and using management information to drive performance.
- Continual improvement & maintenance of the MI/BI, Date and Reporting capability, identifying areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes. Developing tools and processes to enable automation of existing data manipulation and reporting activity.
- Support the development of and then own the MI plan, ensuring that it remains aligned to the wider business strategy through regular evaluation and stakeholder engagement up to senior manager (SMT) level.
- Develop and implement a robust control framework around all MI processes and outputs, continually monitoring impact and suitability.
- Managing enterprise-wide MI and Data Asset governance processes, helping to develop and implement effective policies and best practices to protect and classify data assets.
- Improve the accuracy of data and MI and develop a single source of truth for all key metrics which have a high degree of trust and credibility amongst stakeholders inside and outside of function.
- Act as the MI/BI lead, building relationships with business stakeholders to understand outcomes and objectives; gather, understand and document detailed business requirements and develop the BI capability, providing solutions that deliver business value and embed the MI and data strategy.
- Empower business colleagues to become self-reliant and retrieve actionable insights in a timely and convenient manner, with minimal effort and dependency on IT through the delivery of self-service capabilities.
- Estimate, plan, design, develop and support MI/BI, Date and Reporting solutions to agreed specifications and timescales.
- Design, develop and manage Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) routines.
- Provide a 3rd line on call/escalation point for the 24/7 team as required for the Database estate and applications as required.
- To perform all duties in line with the TPT Retirement Solutions Information Security policy.
- To comply with the Data Protection Policy when dealing with personal data in the course of employment including personal data relating to any employee, customer, client, supplier or agent of the Company.
- To act as an ambassador of TPT Retirement Solutions at all times.