Trustee Services Administrator
| Posted 5th March 2021
Closing date: 16 Apr 2021
Salary competitive (depending on experience)
Full time (35 hours)
Leeds City Centre
TPT Retirement Solutions is one of the UK’s leading workplace pension schemes, recognised for its innovation and high quality service. We provide schemes for over 2,600 organisations, including building societies, housing associations and well-known charities. As we have no shareholders, our priority is to achieve our mission – of making membership worthwhile - for our 389,000 members.
As an employer, we believe in finding and investing in the right people so that they can grow with us. Our focus is on helping them to succeed by providing them with the right tools, support and career development opportunities – demonstrated by our long-standing Investors in People Gold accreditation. In turn, our business grows and we can achieve our ambitious goals.
Working as part of the Trustee Services Team and reporting to the Trustee Services Co-ordinator you will support the team in achieving its objective of improving member outcomes via effective governance.
You will be expected to take responsibility for your own work and to work alongside team members and across departments including Pensions Administration, Actuarial, Covenant, Investment and Employer Relationship teams. The key areas of responsibility for the role are to work with the Trustee Services Co-ordinator to;
- Preparing, maintaining and monitoring the annual project plan for the actuarial valuations and annual funding updates including agreeing dates for the key deliverables
- Supporting Trustee Services Managers to progress the valuations through internal governance processes and controls including completing valuation questionnaires for the Scheme Actuary, drafting valuation related documents required to complete the exercise and submitting these to the Pensions Regulator via Exchange
- Preparing annual Summary Funding Statements for members and arranging distribution
- Assisting the In-house Actuarial team in utilising data from PFaroe to support valuations, scheme funding, monitoring and Trustee reporting
- Provide project management support and drafting papers for Employer Cessation events, Affordability Appeals and Payment Agreements including liaising with internal departments and external advisers
- Provide project management support on DB bulk transfer exercises from TPT’s multi-employer schemes to new arrangements inside or outside of TPT, ensuring that members’ benefits are protected, and that statutory requirements are met
- Co-ordinate the quarterly update of IRM Dashboards for peer review by the Trustee Services Managers and reporting to the Funding Committee
- Drafting papers for the Board and other Trustee Sub Committees as required
- Act as Secretary to the monthly Funding and Investment Strategy Review Group meeting (and other meetings where required) including preparing the agenda, collating meeting papers and preparing minutes for the Chair.
Previous relevant pension’s experience is a must including some knowledge and understanding of scheme funding and investment issues including legislative issues affecting pension schemes. If you are studying towards or have completed your PMI exams this would be desirable.
As you will be regularly liaising with people across the business, you’ll need to demonstrate good communication ability and possess strong customer service skills. You must be able and willing to follow working procedures, effectively use your own initiative to prioritise work and manage your own time to produce work of a high quality, with a high level of accuracy, first time & every time. You will also have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and have previous experience of using systems.
The salary range for this position is competitive and will be dependent on experience (35 hours/week). We can also offer you an excellent reward package that includes: contributory pension, life assurance and 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
We are located in modern city centre offices which are close to the rail station and parking facilities.
Given the current climate, the closing date for receipt of applications is: Friday 16th April at 9am - Due to the nature of the role, this position may close earlier than the notified date.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt.
Strictly no agencies.
TPT Retirement Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.