From 1 December 2017, the Scottish Housing Associations’ Pension Scheme (SHAPS) now operates with a new governance structure. The SHAPS Pensions Committee was disbanded and replaced by two new Committees:
the Employer Committee, which represents the SHAPS Employers; and
the Scheme Committee, which exercises powers delegated by the Trustee:
The Employer Committee members are:
- Joe McBride, Williamsburgh Housing Association
- John Flynn, Ore Valley Housing Association
- Kirsty Dunlop, Yoker Housing Association
- Nigel Hicks, Manor Estates Housing Association
- Robert McDougall, Horizon Housing Association
- Ron Watson, ARK Housing Association
- Tom Jessop, Atrium Homes
The Scheme Committee members are:
- Bill Darroch, previously Almond Housing Association
- Christopher Forrest, Yoker Housing Association
- Duncan McNaught, previously West of Scotland Housing Association
- Mary Taylor, previously SFHA
The appointment of an independent Chair of the Scheme Committee is expected to be announced soon.
TPT looks forward to working closely with both Committees and their representatives.
On behalf of members, employers and officers, TPT thanks all SHAPS Committee members, past and present, for their commitment, contribution and voluntary service to SHAPS. To those Pensions Committee members who retired on 30 November 2017, we wish you all the very best for the future.