SHAPS Employer Committee
The SHAPS (Scottish Housing Associations’ Pension Scheme) Employer Committee (EC) is nominated by employers in the Scheme to act as their representative for consultation with the Trustee. EC responsibilities cover four main areas of activity: scheme funding, investment strategy, scheme stewardship and scheme benefits.
Typically, the EC meets twice a year, but will meet more often in a valuation year.
The EC is made up of eight members nominated and elected by participating employers.
- Graeme Shields Yoker Housing Association
- John Flynn Ore Valley Housing Association
- Nigel Hicks Manor Estates Housing Association (Deputy Chair)
- Joe McBride Williamsburgh Housing Association
- Robert McDougall Horizon Housing Association
- Ken Tudhope Kingdom Housing Association (from 1 October 2021)
- Valerie Wilson Atrium Homes (from 1 October 2021)
The SHAPS Employer Relationship Manager and Committee Secretary from TPT attend EC meetings. Representatives from TPT’s Trustee Services, Covenant and Investment teams or Executive Board may also attend depending on the topics to be discussed.
If you would like contact the Committee to share your views or ask a question, you can do so by emailing SHAPSEmployerCommittee@tpt.org.uk