I am getting divorced. What should I do?


  • Members
  • DB Online
  • General
  • Payments

You can ask us to provide you with a divorce cash equivalent transfer value by contacting us using your DB Online account, sending us an email or giving us a call. We'll send you all the information you need, which should be passed to the professional adviser who is dealing with your divorce, or direct to the Court.

We only provide one free divorce transfer value to active or deferred members in a 12 month period, so you may wish to consider this before requesting the quotation.

You need to note that your pension benefits can only be earmarked or shared once a valid court order has been issued – voluntary sharing of pension rights is not possible. Once you have the court order you will need to send this to us as soon as possible so that we can make sure your records are accurate.