Where can I get advice?


  • Members
  • Pension safety
  • General

The way you choose to take your pension benefits is an important decision and could affect your financial wellbeing for many years to come. Because of this, we recommend you get guidance or advice before making a decision. The following services may help you:

Money Helper is a free government service for people who are approaching or over minimum pension age. It provides face-to-face or over-the-phone advice on your options, including how to make the best use of your pension savings, the tax implications of different options and tips on getting the best deal. Call them on 0800 011 3797. 

The Money Advice Service is a free and impartial government service that provides money advice, tools and calculators for financial planning. Call them on 0800 138 77 77..

You may also seek Independent Financial Advice from an IFA. The choice of an Independent Financial Adviser is yours alone. TPT Retirement Solutions does not make recommendations about which Independent Financial Adviser you should use, and can accept no responsibility or liability for any advice which they may give.

Pension scams

Scammers are known to operate in the pensions industry. If any discussion or offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You can find out more about how to identify and avoid scams here and on the government's Pension Regulator website.