Who can I contact to complain? (Members)


  • Members
  • Complaints

If you have a problem or complaint in connection with your pension, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can help. 

If we cannot resolve your issue, please email, call or write to one of the managers listed below providing details of your problem:

For any Defined Contribution (DC) scheme:

TPT Administration at Mercer, Maclaren House, Talbot Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 0FP 

Email: alison.broughton@tpt.org.uk 

For any other scheme:

Matthew Doggett, Head of Pensions Administration, TPT Retirement Solutions, Verity House, 6 Canal Wharf, Leeds, LS11 5BQ

Email: matthew.doggett@tpt.org.uk 

If after you receive a response from the manager you are still unhappy, you may follow the formal two-stage complaints procedure which is summarised below:

Stage one

Please ensure that any correspondence is addressed to the Trustee Services Director at TPT and states clearly in the heading that you wish to exercise your right under the Trustee’s dispute resolution procedure. You should provide your name, membership number and as much detail about the reason for your complaint as possible. 

This is the first stage of the Pensions Act’s dispute procedure and is your legal right.

A decision should be given to you within two months.

You can get help with your complaint from The Pensions Ombudsman’s Early Resolution Team - see below. 

Stage two 

If you remain unhappy with the Stage 1 response, you have the right to appeal within six months to the Trustee. An appeal must be made in writing and must state the reasons for being dissatisfied with the previous decision. This is the second stage of the procedure. A decision from the Trustee should be given within two months. 

The Pensions Ombudsman

The Pensions Ombudsman is appointed to deal with complaints against, and disputes with, occupational and personal pension schemes. The Ombudsman is completely independent and acts as an impartial adjudicator and may investigate and determine any complaint or dispute of fact or law in relation to a scheme. The Ombudsman will not normally consider any complaint until the internal dispute procedure is completed, and may ask that you first refer your case to the Early Resolution Team (see above for details). 

The Pensions Ombudsman, 10 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, E14 4PU

Tel: 0800 917 4487



Please note that MoneyHelper is a free resource where you can get assistance with pension matters and other choices which may affect your financial wellbeing. MoneyHelper can assist pension scheme members and other beneficiaries by answering questions and providing guidance in connection with their pension benefits, including where a person is having difficulties in relation to their pension scheme. Further information is available from the MoneyHelper website. 

Contact details: Tel: 0800 011 3797

From overseas: +44 20 7932 5780